Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eivind Andreassen <ei...@usit.uio.no> on 2006/06/14 14:30:24 UTC

variable containing the page number

Hi

I want to put the value of fo:page-number into a variable because i have
different static-content depending on what page number it is. I want to
use this variable to check what page number it is. Do anyone know how to
do this?

regards

Eivind Andreassen.

Re: variable containing the page number

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
> Eivind Andreassen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to put the value of fo:page-number into a variable because i
>> have different static-content depending on what page number it is. I
>> want to use this variable to check what page number it is. Do anyone
>> know how to do this?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=113078517606736&w=2

Glen

Re: variable containing the page number

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Eivind Andreassen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to put the value of fo:page-number into a variable because i have
> different static-content depending on what page number it is. I want to
> use this variable to check what page number it is. Do anyone know how to
> do this?

Variables exist in the XSLT process, page-numbers exist only in
XSL-FO->PDF generation. These are separate processes between which there
is no state sharing.

So what you asked for is not possible. Fortunately XSL-FO provides
another means to achieve different static-content on different pages.

Here is a snipper from the franklin_alt.fo file which is an example
shipped with FOP:

     <!-- layout for the first page -->
     <fo:simple-page-master master-name="right"
         page-height="21.7cm"
         page-width="16cm"
         margin-top="1cm"
         margin-bottom="1cm"
         margin-left="3.5cm"
         margin-right="1.5cm">
         <fo:region-body margin-top="2cm" margin-bottom="2cm"/>
         <fo:region-before extent="2cm"/>
         <fo:region-after extent="2cm"/>
     </fo:simple-page-master>

       <fo:simple-page-master master-name="left"
             page-height="21.7cm"
             page-width="16cm"
             margin-top="1cm"
             margin-bottom="1cm"
             margin-left="1.5cm"
             margin-right="3.5cm">
       <fo:region-body margin-top="2cm" margin-bottom="2cm"/>
       <fo:region-before extent="2cm"/>
       <fo:region-after extent="2cm"/>
     </fo:simple-page-master>

   <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="alternating">
     <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives maximum-repeats="no-limit">
       <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="right"
         odd-or-even="odd" />
       <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="left"
         odd-or-even="even" />
   </fo:page-sequence-master>

Hopefully it gives you the idea.

Chris

Re: variable containing the page number

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Gregor & Stefan wrote:

<snip/>

> i'm creating booklets with 4,8,12,16 pages and every two last pages has
> to be single pages.

So you want a different static-content on the last front side?

> something like:
>
> <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives maximum-repeats="pages - 2">
> [...] </...
> <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="before-last"/>
> <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="last"/>

I don't think this is possible unless you know the exact page number :(

What needs to change in the static content for the last front side? If
its just different text then you can achieve this using markers.

<snip/>

Chris

Re: variable containing the page number

Posted by Gregor & Stefan <w2...@wikisquare.de>.
[...]
> So you want a different static-content on the last front side?
yes.

> I don't think this is possible unless you know the exact page number :(
mmh i thought/think the same :-)

> What needs to change in the static content for the last front side? If
> its just different text then you can achieve this using markers.
it's a completly different page with borders, headers, footers i think
this will be a little hard with markers.

anyway to achieve page numbers divisible by four i evaluate the areatree
with an xslt in a first run. just thougt their could be a cool hack out
there :-)

cheers,
gregor

Re: variable containing the page number

Posted by Gregor & Stefan <w2...@wikisquare.de>.
Hi,

this thread has arised an interesting point for my project ...

[...]
> So what you asked for is not possible. Fortunately XSL-FO provides
> another means to achieve different static-content on different pages.
do you have any idea to realize this a little more complex?

what i need is: the maximun repeats in dependency on the total number of
pages.

i'm creating booklets with 4,8,12,16 pages and every two last pages has
to be single pages.

something like:

<fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives maximum-repeats="pages - 2">
<fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="before-last"/>
<fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="last"/>

i know how to set the last page in a page repeat loop, but the pages
before last?

thanks!

gregor