Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Pierson <jp...@isolvetechnologies.com> on 2001/11/12 00:43:47 UTC

Interbase/Interclient JDBCRealms in Tomcat 4.0.1?

I've seen that this is a known (and corrected) bug in 3.x versions of
Tomcat, but cannot tell if it's been resolved in Tomcat 4.x.

JDBCRealm and Interclient do not play well together.  Is there an
updated available?  I am running Tomcat 4.0.1 on a Cobalt Raq 4i.  This
is definitely not a server.xml issue.

Thanks.  (see error output below)

-jeremy-

sample terminal output:
=========================
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening database
connection:  java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.Driver
LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:
java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.Driver
         at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.start(JDBCRealm.java:615)

...continued...

----- Root Cause -----
java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.Driver
         at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:538)

...continued...