Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Sean Baskin <se...@bnl-consulting.com> on 2014/07/07 06:00:30 UTC

Viewing output of Ant build in FireFox

Hola,

This is my first time posting to the mailing list. I currently work for a
company that primarily does their development in Apache Flex. On my work
machine I run Windows with Adobe FlashBuilder and all the bells and
whistles that entail that. However. I'm a big Linux fan and would love to
get something akin to my development environment on Windows working in
Ubuntu. I digress...

I have successfully installed the Apache Flex SDK on Ubuntu; that is to
say, I can run the compiler, run my Ant build scripts successfully, etc. In
Windows, I normally view the resulting index.html file in FireFox; on
Ubuntu, FireFox prompts me with the message "To view this page ensure that
Adobe Flash Player version 11.8.0 or greater is installed." However, when I
visit https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ the Flash component on
the page works and it tells me "You have version 11,2,202,378 installed".
What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Sean Baskin

Re: Viewing output of Ant build in FireFox

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Linux, you now have the option of using Google Chrome to get the latest
version of the Flash Player:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chromium-pepper-flash/

Thanks,
Om