Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Josh Holtzman <jh...@berkeley.edu> on 2009/08/21 13:46:19 UTC

Problem on JDK 1.6

I get a stack trace (see below) when viewing a DOSGi-generated WSDL (or
WADL, for that matter) on JDK 1.6, but not on 1.5.  Any ideas why that might
be?

I'm running cxf 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT and the DOSGi 1.1-SNAPSHOT versions.

Thanks,
Josh

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]; nested exception is
java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't parse stream.

	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.makeUnavailable(ServletHolder.java:406)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:449)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:263)

	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:676)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.updateMappings(ServletHandler.java:1044)

	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.setServletMappings(ServletHandler.java:1101)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.addServletMapping(ServletHandler.java:800)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.JettyServerImpl$1.call(JettyServerImpl.java:139)

	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.JettyServerImpl$1.call(JettyServerImpl.java:136)
	at org.ops4j.pax.swissbox.core.ContextClassLoaderUtils.doWithClassLoader(ContextClassLoaderUtils.java:60)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.JettyServerImpl.addServlet(JettyServerImpl.java:131)

	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.ServerControllerImpl$Started.addServlet(ServerControllerImpl.java:236)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.ServerControllerImpl.addServlet(ServerControllerImpl.java:93)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.HttpServiceStarted.registerServlet(HttpServiceStarted.java:144)

	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.HttpServiceProxy.registerServlet(HttpServiceProxy.java:53)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.HttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(HttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.java:96)

	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)

	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator.checkExistingServices(Activator.java:151)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator.start(Activator.java:81)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:589)

	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1458)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:984)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:263)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

RE: Problem on JDK 1.6

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Oh...Sorry Josh, that issue of using Aegis with JAXRS in DOSGi (warnings
to do with JAXP) affected my thinking a bit :-) We ship the stax api
specs bundle though so it has to be something else which is causing the
problem...

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
No.  Woodstox would be stax:

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Problem on JDK 1.6

Posted by Josh Holtzman <jh...@berkeley.edu>.
Neither of these fixed the problem for me.  I still need to set the parsers
via system properties.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Problem on JDK 1.6

Re: Problem on JDK 1.6

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I'd really like to know why the Stax parser in the JDK cannot parse cxf.xml.
That's not a good sign.  :-(

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp