Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/06/01 11:07:53 UTC

Re: [commons vfs] Considering empty (zip) packages

Hi!
> What's the correct handling of empty, but otherwise correct packages? It
> seems like currently these (for zip packages atleast) are handled by
> throwing FileSystemException and error "Could not open Zip file ...".
>
> Errors start to flow from java.util.zip:
> Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
> 	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

I do not disagree that it would be nice to better handle empty zip
files, but - as you can see, this is an exception thrown by the used
library (java.util.zip.*) so there isnt much we can do.
Its Suns fault. You can file them a bug report and hope that this will
be fixed sometimes.

Ciao,
Mario