Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Norbert Sensen <n....@web.de> on 2009/03/25 14:58:23 UTC

setting surefire reports directory

Hallo,

we are using maven-projects and use luntbuild for continuous integration.
So, we want to set the "Surefire report directory" while calling maven.

While reading the documentation I expected that calling maven via
mvn -DreportsDirectory=/our/report/dir test
would do the job.
But unfortunately, the argument "-DreportsDirectory=/our/report/dir" seems
to have no impact at all,
i.e. the reports are still placed inside

I have tried a couple of things but found no solution.
Can anybody help me? How can I configure the destination directory of
surefire?

What I really want is the following possibility:
Calling mvn without any special arguments, the surefire-reports should be
placed in the standard directory.
But it should be possible to set the surefire report directory by using any
argument while calling maven.

Yours,

Norbert Sensen

Re: setting surefire reports directory

Posted by "Norbert S." <n....@web.de>.
Hi,
thank you for your answers. Reinhards infos solve exactly my problem.

Of course I knew the luntbuild-property "artifactsDir". But I missed
the solution from Reinhard how I simply integrate this property in the
pom.xml
without forcing the user to set the artifactsDir at every call or integrate
a default-artifactsDir in every profile!

Norbert

Re: setting surefire reports directory

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Luntbuild overrides the property in your pom, so that the reports end up in
> the right place.

I certainly hope this is documented somewhere in the Luntbuild site.
And if it is, I have to ask Norbert why he didn't see it. ;-)

If it is not, this is pretty clearly a failure in their docs.

Wayne

Re: setting surefire reports directory

Posted by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-tp.com>.
Luntbuild sets the system property "artifactsDir" which you can use. Add
the following property to your pom:
<artifactsDir>${project.build.directory}</artifactsDir>

Add the following to your surefire plugin configuration:
<reportsDirectory>${artifactsDir}/surefire-reports</reportsDirectory>

For a multi-module project you could do:
<reportsDirectory>${artifactsDir}/surefire-reports/${artifactId}</reportsDirectory>

Luntbuild overrides the property in your pom, so that the reports end up
in the right place.

Reinhard