Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yujun Wu <yu...@phys.ufl.edu> on 2010/07/16 16:20:18 UTC

How to patch Hadoop 0.20.2 with symbolic links patch

Hello,

I am new to hadoop. Recently, I installed Hadoop 0.20.2 and it works. I
tried to patch it with the  symbolic links patch by Eli (Mr. Eli Collins):

(symlink41-hdfs.patch)

I always got the error with missing Hdfs.java. This is what I did:

>cd $HADOOP_HOME

>patch -p0 < ../../patches/symlink41-hdfs.patch

Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git src/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/Hdfs.java
src/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/Hdfs.java
|index 5d4dd41..905fea7 100644
|--- src/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/Hdfs.java
|+++ src/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/Hdfs.java
--------------------------
File to patch:

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any info you give.

Regards,
Yujun

Re: How to patch Hadoop 0.20.2 with symbolic links patch

Posted by Yujun Wu <yu...@phys.ufl.edu>.
Hello Eli,

Thanks a lot for your info. I will try with the 0.21 release then.

Regards,
Yujun

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Yujun,