Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2011/10/27 22:43:34 UTC

Re: Input string 'login;jsessionid=082793EE9A197CEB7F7750090DD0423D' is not valid; the character ';' at position 6 is not valid.

Please specify the exact scenario to reproduce this issue and state the
version you are using

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Leon Derks <le...@aurumeurope.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> I see this error message a lot. Almost always after my first login
> attempt...
>
> What is causing this error?
>
> Input string 'login;jsessionid=082793EE9A197CEB7F7750090DD0423D' is not
> valid; the character ';' at position 6 is not valid.
>
> regards,
> Leon

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Posted by Joakim Olsson <jo...@unbound.se>.
Alright. New version that strips jsessionid from the url when
constructing the ReferrerRequest is released and should be available
withing an hour.

Thanks Leon and David for identifying the problem.

Regards,
Joakim

Posted by Joakim Olsson <jo...@unbound.se>.
True. Seems like a good solution.

Posted by Leon Derks <le...@aurumeurope.com>.

Posted by Joakim Olsson <jo...@unbound.se>.
I got a pull request from David so it should fix it in the breadcrumb
component. Will get it merged and released during the weekend. Don't
know if the fix could be performed in the Tapestry-code instead. I can
try to dive deeper into the code during the weekend as well.

/Joakim

Posted by Leon Derks <le...@aurumeurope.com>.
Thanks guys!

Posted by Joakim Olsson <jo...@unbound.se>.

Posted by Leon Derks <le...@aurumeurope.com>.
Hello Joakim,

Posted by Joakim Olsson <jo...@unbound.se>.
Hi,

Posted by Leon Derks <le...@aurumeurope.com>.
Hello

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.

Posted by Joakim Olsson <jo...@unbound.se>.
The problem I have seen is when Tapestry is trying to extract the
EventContext from the path. It's using URLEncoderImpl.decode which
chokes on the ; since it probably should have been encoded before
being put on the URL.

I think the servlet-container usually handles this but in the case
with tapestry-breadcrumbs the Referer-header is used to get the
referring page and it might contain the jsessionid. Not Tapestrys
fault in this case

I don't know regarding Tapestry 5.1.x though. Haven't used it in a
long time now.

Regards,
Joakim

Posted by Szemere Szemere <sz...@gmail.com>.