Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Kallinteris, Christos" <ka...@initions.com> on 2013/09/05 13:11:35 UTC

Sqoop 2 doesn't recognize added connectors

Hi all!

I've downloaded the MS and MySQL JDBC drivers and copied them to /var/lib/sqoop2 but when I run the show connectors command in the interactive shell, it only shows the generic driver.

I have installed the Cloudera distribution using the Manager. Should I be copying the files to a different directory? What am I missing.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

--

initions AG
Christos Kallinteris

t:   +49 (0) 40 / 41 49 60-79
f:   +49 (0) 40 / 41 49 60-11
e:  kallinteris@initions.com<ma...@initions.com>
w: www.initions.com<http://www.initions.com/>

Vollständiger Name der Gesellschaft: initions innovative IT solutions AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Handelsregister Hamburg B 83929
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Michael Leue
Vorstand: Dr. Stefan Anschütz, André Paul Henkel, Dr. Helge Plehn

AW: Sqoop 2 doesn't recognize added connectors

Seems like you are confused about the JDBC driver and Sqoop2 Connector. They are totally different things. Actually, when you download any JDBC driver, it helps the generic connector to use that JDBC driver to be able to manipulate the specific database. Does this explains why only generic connector is shown up?

Best,
Mengwei

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Kallinteris, Christos <ka...@initions.com>> wrote:
Hi all!

I've downloaded the MS and MySQL JDBC drivers and copied them to /var/lib/sqoop2 but when I run the show connectors command in the interactive shell, it only shows the generic driver.

I have installed the Cloudera distribution using the Manager. Should I be copying the files to a different directory? What am I missing.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

--

initions AG
Christos Kallinteris
Weidestraße 120a
D-22083 Hamburg

t:   +49 (0) 40 / 41 49 60-79<tel:%2B49%20%280%29%2040%20%2F%2041%2049%2060-79>
f:   +49 (0) 40 / 41 49 60-11<tel:%2B49%20%280%29%2040%20%2F%2041%2049%2060-11>

Re: Sqoop 2 doesn't recognize added connectors

Posted by Mengwei Ding <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,