Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID> on 2020/04/29 19:39:45 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 30 10:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday April 30 10:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:
1. New PR for JDO-779 "Migrate JDO Homepage / Online Documentation" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-779 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17979 https://apache.github.io/db-jdo-site/
2. Issues with Fix Version JDO-3.2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22JDO%203.2%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC>
3. Release Policy Updates
4. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1 to prepare JCP Change Log
5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Apr 22 2020] AI Michael create a branch in jdo-site and update menu per https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19RoED9sc2oAA1TrbENYNUwNPSnOU3P6Cd3DwvD4HqDY/edit?usp=sharing
[Apr 22 2020] AI Andy fix page https://github.com/apache/db-jdo-site/blob/master/src/main/asciidoc/impls.adoc with latest DataNucleus implementations
[Mar 05 2020] AI look into how isis.apache.org updates and publishes their web site
[Feb 25 2020] AI Everyone review HowToReleaseJDO.md document: change svn to git; review all generated distribution files.
[Feb 05 2020] AI Craig: Changes needed of download page for new JDO homepage
[Oct 30 2015] AI Craig: File a maintenance review with JCP
[Apr 17 2015] AI Craig: Oracle spec page on JDO need to be updated once the JCP Maintenance Release for JDO 3.1 is published
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field types
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.

Regards Michael

--
Michael Bouschen
akquinet tech@spree GmbH

E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de <ma...@akquinet.de>
Web:   www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de/>

Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Dr. Torsten Fink, Heinz Wilming
Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

[Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]
<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/akquinet>

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 30 10:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID>.
Hi,

I created a new pull request #4 with the changes. Please have a look.

Regards Michael

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 1:40 PM, Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>> Proposal: Create a directory /content which contains the web site contents. Change the asf.yaml file to publish /content to the web whenever master is updated. Add a deploy step to the pom.xml to copy target/site to /content.
>
> I started looking into this.

Cool!

> - I propose to leave the docs directory and create a symbolic link
> content -> docs.

Looks fine to me. The chatter on the web doesn't seem to indicate that there is a best practice to do this. Some experimentation may be needed.

> - I propose to add updating the content directory to the maven lifecycle
> phase 'install' instead of 'deploy'. Currently we do not store any
> artifacts in a remote repository, so calling 'maven deploy' does not
> make sense.

I agree that install being a local command is what we need here. I was thinking that deploy was more in line with what we were trying to do, but mvn install does the local stuff and then push/merge to master is what does the "remote" stuff.

>> The down side to this proposal is that making a quick change to the site using only the online version of git cannot publish the site.
>>
>> AI Michael check in the changes to site. Other changes include e.g. svn.adoc and pmf.adoc.
>
> I just created a pull request using branch remove-svn. I would help me
> with the above changes, if someone would review the accept the pull
> request, accept it and merge it into master.

I took a look and merged it. One thing I notice is that the /javadoc/ links don't work in the preview mode. But they are ok after the merge.

Craig

> Regards Michael
>
> --
> Michael Bouschen
> akquinet tech@spree GmbH
> Bülowstraße 66 • D-10783 Berlin
> Tel:   +49 30 235520-33
> Fax:  +49 30 217520-12
>
> E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de <ma...@akquinet.de>
> Web:   www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de/>
>
> Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Dr. Torsten Fink, Heinz Wilming
> Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680
>
> [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]
> <https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [LinkedIn]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]
> <https://twitter.com/akquinet>

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 30 10:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID>.
Hi,

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday May 7 10:30 AM PDT

Agenda:
1. New PR for JDO-779 "Migrate JDO Homepage / Online Documentation" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-779 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17979 https://apache.github.io/db-jdo-site/

Proposal: Create a directory /content which contains the web site contents. Change the asf.yaml file to publish /content to the web whenever master is updated. Add a deploy step to the pom.xml to copy target/site to /content.

The down side to this proposal is that making a quick change to the site using only the online version of git cannot publish the site.

AI Michael check in the changes to site. Other changes include e.g. svn.adoc and pmf.adoc.

AI Tilmann look into the staging area for the site. Staging to db.staging.apache.org/jdo might be possible.

AI Tilmann look at symbolic links with git. Maybe we can symlink /content and /docs.