Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Kumar, Avanish" <av...@optum.com> on 2017/06/06 14:23:44 UTC

jcas to json error

Hi,
I am trying to get the output in Json. I tried it by doing it like this:
But got errors. Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with this code.
[cid:image002.png@01D2DEFE.94FB1CB0]
[cid:image001.png@01D2DEFE.73B1D760]

RE: jcas to json error

Posted by "Kumar, Avanish" <av...@optum.com>.
Hi Richard,
               You were right I was mixing the versions of uimaj-core and uimaj-json.
             The error got resolved when I changed their versions  to 2.8.1.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

RE: jcas to json error

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Avanish,

Thanks for sending the code snippet.  Since it is straight out of the Uima 2.7 reference for jsoncasserializer https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.7.0/references.html#ugr.ref.json.usage
you should definitely expect your code to work.

Assuming that I am correctly following the code,

The initial call in JsonCasSerializer that claims to start the problem:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.9.0/uimaj-json/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/json/JsonCasSerializer.java?view=markup#l835

The call is to TypeImpl.getSuperType();
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.9.0/uimaj-core/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/cas/impl/TypeImpl.java?view=markup#l74

That method just returns a value from two methods in TypeSystemImpl:
	    return this.ts.ll_getTypeForCode(this.ts.ll_getParentType(this.code));

The code for the nested call to method ll_getParentType(this.code) in TypeSystemImpl:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.9.0/uimaj-core/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/cas/impl/TypeSystemImpl.java?view=markup#l520

And the code for the outer call to method ll_getTypeForCode( int ) in TypeSystemImpl:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.9.0/uimaj-core/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/cas/impl/TypeSystemImpl.java?view=markup#l1439

All of the required methods appear to be present, so I don't know why java is throwing that exception.

At any rate, this is all uima code, not ctakes.  So I suggest that you post it on one of the uima mailing lists.  Somebody there may have an answer.
https://uima.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Sean

RE: jcas to json error

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.