Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org> on 2003/10/27 16:03:29 UTC

Form Definition -> XSLT -> XHTML?

I'm trying to show a form using the WoodyGenerator, the default XSLT
Transformer and the default Serializer. I'm using this sitemap but I get
an error complaining about the WoodyTemplateTransformer i never
mentioned in the sitemap. Here is the error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Missing 'attribute-name'
parameter for WoodyTemplateTransformer.

Here is the sitemap:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

 <map:components>
  <map:generators default="woody">
    <map:generator name="woody"
src="org.apache.cocoon.woody.generation.WoodyGenerator" logger="woody"/>
  </map:generators>
 </map:components>

 <map:pipelines>
   <map:pipeline>

     <map:match pattern="">
       <map:generate src="forms/registration.xml" type="woody"/>
       <map:transform/>
       <map:serialize/>
     </map:match>

   </map:pipeline>
 </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

I don't understand. Do you have any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Gianluca

Re: Form Definition -> XSLT -> XHTML?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Must be "Missing 'attribute-name' parameter for WoodyGenerator." The
WoodyGenerator contained the wrong error messages. Fixed it.

Joerg

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Gianluca Sartori wrote:
> I'm trying to show a form using the WoodyGenerator, the default XSLT
> Transformer and the default Serializer. I'm using this sitemap but I get
> an error complaining about the WoodyTemplateTransformer i never
> mentioned in the sitemap. Here is the error:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Missing 'attribute-name'
> parameter for WoodyTemplateTransformer.

The error message is actually from the generator, but it contains a
typo! It says WoodyTemplateTransformer instead of WoodyGenerator.

What the message is trying to tell you is that you should store a
reference to your form definition as a request attribute whose name is
the value of the "attribute-name" parameter, which you forgot to
include. You can either do this via an action
(org.apache.cocoon.woody.acting.MakeFormAction I suppose) or via the
flow (my preferred way).

	Ugo