Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com> on 2012/02/14 04:58:48 UTC

How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

Hi,

Just want to make some specific feature (eg. http) disabled sync between the nodes.

For example, start two karaf 2.2.5 containers

Create etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg for both of them.
Set port for first karaf:  org.osgi.service.http.port=8080
Set port for second karaf: org.osgi.service.http.port=8081

install http feature on both of them
karaf@root>features:install http

then , install cellar on both of them
karaf@root>features:addurl mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.3/xml/features
karaf@root>features:install cellar

and add the http feature into the blacklist in the etc/org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg
default.features.blacklist.inbound=cellar,http
default.features.blacklist.outbound=cellar,http

then , restart 2 containers.

What expected will be both http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost:8081 could be listening, but unfortunately, only http://localhost:8081 can be accessible.
What else configuration/steps have to do? Or it's a blacklist problem of cellar?

Thanks.
Xilai

Re: How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
http feature.

Let me explain deeper ;)

In fact, the [group].feature.[name].blacklist.[inbound|outbound]
property blocks the Cellar cluster event to be send (outbound) or
received (inbound) on an event handler. If you configure it after the
http feature installation, it's "too late", the events have been already
sent with features:install command (due to the FeaturesListener) (only
the new node will not be sync). So to block the http feature, you should
block the event sending before installing the http feature.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Xilai,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré