Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Pradeep Reddy <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/02 21:54:24 UTC

zeppelin-0.6.1 - hive jdbc interpreter dependecies not loading

I added hive jdbc dependencies to the jdbc interpreter. I'm seeing these
kind of errors all over in the hive interpreter log and getting a message
on the interpreter UI that "Failed to collect dependencies for
org.apache.hive:hive-jdbc:jar:0.14.0 (compile)".

*Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.authorization.AuthorizationException:
Access denied
to:http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.16/log4j-1.2.16.pom
<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.16/log4j-1.2.16.pom>*

I'm working behind a proxy, I specified my proxy settings in
maven_home/conf/settings.xml.....the settings.xml worked for building the
zeppelin from source, but seems like they are not working when the
interpreter is bootstrapping and trying to load the maven interpreter
dependencies....I also specified my proxy settings in the
ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS.

Is there anything else I should try?

Re: zeppelin-0.6.1 - hive jdbc interpreter dependecies not loading

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pradeep,

Your guess is right. AFAIK, Zeppelin doesn't read settings.xml yet.
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1369 is in review.

Regards,
Jongyoul

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Fwd: zeppelin-0.6.1 - hive jdbc interpreter dependecies not loading