Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/08 13:05:53 UTC

Metron 0.4.2 release date

Hi all,

I was wondering when Metron 0.4.2 will be released and whether it includes
Metron-777 and Elasticsearch 5.x or not?

Cheers,
Ali

Re: Metron 0.4.2 release date

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Support for ES 5 and support for ES 5 that exists outside the mpack may be
separate issues

On October 11, 2017 at 06:37:32, Ali Nazemian (alinazemian@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi Michael,

My entire concern regarding ES 5.x upgrade is to be able to use Alert-UI
and Metron indexing on ES 5.x. Basically, as a proof of concept, we have
started using ES 5.x in parallel with using Nifi flow for the Metron
indexing to investigate Elasticsearch capabilities regarding Graph
visualisation/analytics as well as Anomaly Detection. Clearly, we don't
expect to go to production with this condition and I wanted to plan for the
version of Metron that can support this matter. However, I am not expecting
to include ES 5.x as a part of Ambari mpack. As long as Metron can support
it, I am fine.

Regards,
Ali

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Metron 0.4.2 release date

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
My current work is upping the ES versions in both the core Metron code and
the MPack code. Once this change occurs, we will no longer support  ES <5.x.

Best,
Mike

Re: Metron 0.4.2 release date

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.