Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/02/20 12:50:13 UTC

[all] Commons Parent and GPG Plugin...

Is anyone else having trouble with the GPG Plugin in Commons Parent?
I even tried overriding the version in Proxy's pom (to 1.0-alpha-4),
but I still get an error.  I get a NullPointerException.  Anyone else?
 I can sign the artifacts by hand using gpg, so I know the default key
is set up properly.

It's failing on the part where it tries to sign the project's
artifact's file (whatever that is supposed to be; there are no
javadocs on the code).  The artifact's file comes back null.  So, when
it goes to set it up the command line to actually sign the file, gets
the NPE.

Re: [all] Commons Parent and GPG Plugin...

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 20.02.2008, at 12:50, James Carman wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble with the GPG Plugin in Commons Parent?
> I even tried overriding the version in Proxy's pom (to 1.0-alpha-4),
> but I still get an error.  I get a NullPointerException.  Anyone else?
>  I can sign the artifacts by hand using gpg, so I know the default key
> is set up properly.

Hm ...I somewhat remember that NPE from the jci release. But all I
can say is that it worked for jci like this in the end

  mvn release:prepare -Prc
  mvn release:perform -Prc -Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE -Darguments="-
Prc -Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE"

HTH

cheers
--
Torsten

Fwd: [all] Commons Parent and GPG Plugin...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Has anyone see this before?  I should have probably sent this email to
you folks first I guess.  It doesn't appear to be related to the
commons-parent project at all.