Posted to dev@community.apache.org by dnyaneshwar shendurwadkar <dn...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 22:37:45 UTC

Seeking Help

Respected Sir,
      I am 2nd year computer science engineering student from Indian
Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna.I would like to contribute to different
open source projects from apache foundation.Well I am comfortable with
programming languages like c,java.
I would like to prepare for Google Summer of code(GSOC) 2016.
       I have little or no experience of open source programming ever
before.Could you please suggest me any project to start.

Thanking You,

Dnyaeshwar Shendurwadkar,
(shendurwadkar.cs14@iitp.ac.in),
(+91-9404880377).

Re: Seeking Help

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dhyaneshwar,
First of all Welcome to the community.
Showing interest in community development is the first step of
contribution. Thank you for that :)

Now for your question-

Well you should first select a project and drop a mail on the project's
mailing list.

This should be the first step - To find a project that you would LOVE to
work on. You can always work on multiple projects as well.

The contributors of the project would be the best people to help you out
with further steps.

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask more questions otherwise :)

Helpful Links-

1. http:// <http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html>apache.org
<http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html>/foundation/
<http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html>how-it-works.html