Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by RAJAT PANT <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/19 04:37:44 UTC

build falis for xerces2-j while creating dom3-jars

I hava a question.
I have been trying to access dom3 funtionality by extracting the source code
of xerces2 from CVS and building it with target jars-dom3

it creates the dom3-xerces jars and dom3-api jars but it
does not recognizes any of dom3 methods like document.normalizeDocument()
when it tries to create dom3-samples jars, hence build fails

does anyone knows why it is happening. i need to access dom3 functionality
somehow.

-Rajat

Rajat S Pant
1617 lafayette avenue #D-4
Kalamazoo, MI 49006

Re: build falis for xerces2-j while creating dom3-jars

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
RAJAT PANT wrote:
> I have been trying to access dom3 funtionality by extracting the source code
> of xerces2 from CVS and building it with target jars-dom3
>
> it creates the dom3-xerces jars and dom3-api jars but it
> does not recognizes any of dom3 methods like document.normalizeDocument()
> when it tries to create dom3-samples jars, hence build fails

The build is working fine, I suspect you did not run "build clean"
before attempting to build dom3 jars:
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-dom.html#faq-3

Elena Litani / IBM Toronto