Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bruce McGuire <br...@shaw.ca> on 2002/11/03 21:00:33 UTC

Dependancies on libraries

Hello.

I have a project which depends on some libraries that I am building. Is
it possible to have one build.xml file depend on another?

For example, my application depends on a.jar, which is a compilation of
b.class and c.class. If b.java or c.java have changed since the last
compile, when I run the build.xml for tha application, I would like it
to compile b.java and c.java, which will in turn create a.jar, after
which my application will compile.

I am brand new to Ant, and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Re: Dependancies on libraries

Posted by Bruce McGuire <br...@shaw.ca>.
Hello Stefan.

Thanks for the input. That is exactly what I wanted. I should have
rtfm'ed better.

Thanks again.

Bruce.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.