Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de> on 2004/11/17 16:01:46 UTC

JSTL 1.1 for Java5?

Hello everyone,

The current version 1.1.2 of the standard taglib is dependant on Apache
Xerces and Xalan, which are included in JDK 1.4. With JDK 1.5, package
names have changed to com.sun.apache.* (effectively hiding the
implementation) and there are new implementation-independant interfaces
for XPath (javax.xml.*) like there have been for XML parsing/serializing
and transformation.

Is there any work in progress to only use these independant javax.xml.*
packages in JSTL?

At the moment, we have to manually add xalan.jar to WEB-INF/lib if we
want to use JSTL with Java5...

Regards,

Andreas