Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Daniele Biagetti <da...@cblelectronics.com> on 2018/08/28 10:14:06 UTC

newtmgr connect to BLE device using static random address

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to connect to a Bluetooth mesh node running the Zephyr OS
using the newtmgr.

I'm able to correctly connect to the device while it is advertising with
a given name, for example BLEDimmer01, with the command:

sudo newtmgr --conntype ble --connstring 'peer_name=BLEDimmerf01' echo test

but I have not found a way to connect with the same node using the
static random MAC address, I tried several command line option like the
following, without success

sudo newtmgr --conntype ble --connstring
'own_addr_type=rpa_rnd,peer_id=C9:48:0B:8B:8A:9F' echo test

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much

Daniele