Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jimi Dawlton <jd...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/12 22:44:42 UTC

WebdavResource putMethod InputStream as parameter

hi,

i was wondering if anyone has successfully managed to upload a file using
the putMethod with the InputStream as the parameter, (of the client)?

i have been trying to use:

putMethod(java.lang.String path, java.io.InputStream is)

but when i pass an inputstream, e.g:

N.B. (i've only shown an extract):

String filename = "test.txt";
File f = new File("C:/" + filename);
InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(f);
webdavResource.putMethod(serverPath, inputStream);

i get the exception:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

am i using the method incorrectly or do i need to setup some sort of
bufferedReader of file bufferedReader???

dawlton.

Disclaimer: My advice comes as is, without any guarantee. Use it at your
discretion. I cannot be held responsible for your actions.

RE: WebdavResource putMethod InputStream as parameter

Posted by Jimi Dawlton <jd...@hotmail.com>.
thanks for the reply Miguel,

i managed to upload the file in the end by passing a File object in the
parameter instead, like so:

String filename = "test.txt";
File file = new File("C:/" + filename);
webdavResource.putMethod(serverPath, file);

this has worked successfully, and i'm not sure why the other way didn't
work, since both methods are quite similar.

i'll keep in mind your method if i need to use it in the future though,

thanks,

dawlton.