Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matt Anderson <ma...@musscreations.com.au> on 2006/04/21 09:55:32 UTC

ftpserver - user as a database

Hi All,

I recently installed ftpserver and configured the ftpd.xml in the conf
directory to use my mysql instance. The problem I am facing is it seems like
it is not even looking at the xml configuration file. I even put in some
illegal xml to see if an error occurs on startup however it starts without
error... Is there something I am missing, should this ftpd.xml be located in
a certain area, or some other configuration I need to change?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for taking the time
to read this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Matt

Re: ftpserver - user as a database

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

   I do not know how you have started the ftpserver.
The configuration is very much flexible. The current
implementation comes with two configuration types -
properties and xml. If there is no configuration,
sensible configuration parameters will be used.

 If you start the FTP server using UI, you can choose
the configuration type. If you start it using command
line parameter and do not specify the configuration
type, default configuration will be used. You can
specify your configuration file using "-xml ftpd.xml"

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya