Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabe Sanchez <ga...@m2-corp.com> on 2002/08/15 16:55:07 UTC

Creating a Certificate Signing Request

Hi all,

I am new to the list, so please bear with me. I am running a server with
RedHat Linux 7.2, with Tomcat 4.0.3 as the web server. I am in the process
of trying to buy a digital certificate from Verisign but am unable to find
any information on how to create a Certificate Signing Request. I called
Verisign, and they told me that they do not have any documentation on how to
do this. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe Sanchez
Network Services
M2 Systems Corporation
"Elite Software Engineering"
850 Trafalgar Court
Suite 100
Maitland, Florida 32751
Phone: (407) 551.1345  Fax: (407) 551.1421
E-Mail: gabesanchez@m2-corp.com

Re: Creating a Certificate Signing Request

Posted by Stephen Bacon <sb...@13x.com>.
On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 10:55, Gabe Sanchez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the list, so please bear with me. I am running a server with
> RedHat Linux 7.2, with Tomcat 4.0.3 as the web server. I am in the process
> of trying to buy a digital certificate from Verisign but am unable to find
> any information on how to create a Certificate Signing Request. I called
> Verisign, and they told me that they do not have any documentation on how to
> do this. Can someone please help.

This is actually OS dependent, not really a tomcat thing. Verisign does
indeed have instructions at:
http://www.verisign.com/support/site/secure/install.html

-Steve