Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/17 10:59:56 UTC

Why must set version?

Hi guys,
I encounter a very strange problem.
I have two pom.xml(represented as A and B), B extends A;
the packaging of A is pom, the packaging of B is jar.
I add many artifacts to A as dependency management, and add some of them to
B as real dependencies.

I use following pattern statements in A,
<dependencyManagement>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.axiom</groupId>
    <artifactId>axiom-api</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>
  </dependency>
</dependencyManagement>
and use the following pattern statements in B,
<dependencies>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.axiom</groupId>
    <artifactId>axiom-api</artifactId>
  </dependency>
<dependencies>
Then when I package project B, then an error thrown.
The error said version is missed.
I find that the matter just happen on artifacts in group
org.apache.ws.commons.axiom.
That's why?!

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang