Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul DuBois <pa...@snake.net> on 2001/11/01 03:43:05 UTC

Re: ClassNotFoundException when using war file (Tomcat 3.2.3)

>The examples that gets shipped with the tomcat.zip file also uses Web-inf !!!!

Maybe the developers never used anything but Windows boxes
(case-insensitive file system)?

Posted by Abinesh S Puthenpurackal <ab...@sdrc.com>.
I got my web application to work in tomcat 4.0.1 (Catalina). In Tomcat 4.0.1, the
order of the contents in the web.xml seems to matter (E.g. All <servlet> definition
must be before the <servlet-mapping> etc.). Except for the change in the web.xml,
my war seems to working in Tomcat 4.0.1. This makes me wonder if the feature of
release at all !!!. Has anyone had any success with this in Tomcat 3.2.3 ?

Thanks

Abi -