Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sebastian Gabriel <Se...@hs-augsburg.de> on 2010/06/10 08:53:57 UTC

jWicket SortableList

Hello,
I've figured out how to use the jWicket Drag'n'Drop components and the result is pretty nice.
I have four lists, one list is in the beginning filled with elements and the user have so choose which element he wants in which list. It works, to drag the elements on the three other lists and the element is being added to the list. But my problem is that the lists have to be sortable by the user.
How can I get the position of the element when it is dropped? So I can calculate whether it has been dropped above an element or under it. Or does jWicket doesn't cover this functionality.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Re: jWicket SortableList

Posted by Charles Deal <ch...@gmail.com>.
I just implemented Sortable in my project.  I am using jWicket as the basis
for my jQuery components.  HOWEVER, I have a slightly divergent
implementation of the behaviors.  ( As I posted not too long ago).

So, it is possible to use the JQuery Sortable impl.  Unfortunately, I
haven't had the time to port my changes back to the jWicket codebase.  You
should be able to build a new Sortable behavior with just the basics (impl
JSBuilder) and use the rawOptions feature to push in your settings.  This
will at least let you test the library without investing too much time in
the Wicket side until you are confident it will be worth it.

RE: jWicket SortableList