Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Nikita Ogievetsky <no...@cogx.com> on 2000/11/22 03:52:45 UTC

xalan-j_2_0_D01 bug report

Hi all,

xalan-j_2_0_D01 looks great! but there are some bugs.
Here is my bug report:

!)
  <xsl:output method="xml"  indent="yes"/>
does not indent
(same xslt in Xalan 1 works just fine)
!!)
Error handling:
1) TransformException in XML source:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException raised
for nonvalid document, like:
element type "assoc" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</assoc>

=> It dumps error stack to the System.err inside Xalan code,
=> when error is cached in the code,  line=0, and column=0 although the getMessage() reports:

The element type "assoc" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</assoc>".
(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException): The element type "assoc" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</assoc>".; Line#: 1238; Column#: 9

2) Invalid XML in the XSLT does not rise an error, instead reports:
The element type "xsl:template" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</xsl:template>".
Error is never raised and never cached!

3) Invalid XSLT elements and attributes do rise ProcessorException:
and report location of the error correctly.
line 32, offset 47
xsl:apply-templatees is not allowed in this position in the stylesheet!; Line#: 32; Column#: 47
(So this is not a bug, I added it just to complete the picture. )

Perhaps all these bugs are already fixed!
Can somebody tell me when will be the next release XalanJ-2 ?

Thanks,

Nikita.