Posted to issues@cxf.apache.org by alchemist <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 12:11:00 UTC

Extremely slow (broken) class loading

I have a project I have been working on for sometime and it's been using CXF
2.2.4 since the beginning. The project is deployed via eclipse as a runnable
jar /(all CXF libs etc contained in the runnable jar using jar-in-jar-loader
from eclipse)/. This setup has worked fine in the past, since moving to
either CXF 2.3.5 or CXF 2.4.1 initial class loading is so slow it's
unusable. If the Java console is not set to verbose CXF appears to freeze,
if you increase the verbosity you see it very slowly and systematically
load a client CXF SOAP stack!

However if I package the CXF libraries as a subfolder to the runnable jar
/(which is my project code)/ everything works perfectly fine.

As a work around I can obviously deploy my runnable jar with separate
libraries and smooth the process over with my ant build script...it's just
not as nice as one self contain jar :(

I can only assume there is an issue with CXF and eclipses jar-in-jar-loader?

Can some please shed some light on the issue?