Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Srinath C <sr...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/07 08:11:35 UTC

JVM heap options for Supervisor

Hi,
    I'm trying to figure out a reasonable amount of heap to grant to the
supervisor process on the storm worker machines. What are the factors that
must be considered? I'm thinking - size of the topology jar and number of
slots should be considered. But would like to hear if anyone was able to
figure out the least amount of heap that can be safely granted.

    Also, does the supervisor fully load the topology jar into memory or
are there any optimizations done?

Thanks,
Srinath.

Re: JVM heap options for Supervisor