Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Stephen Collyer <sc...@netspinner.co.uk> on 2007/11/09 12:04:59 UTC

Building app. against Xerces-c under Windows ?

I need to build an application with xerces under Win32.

Now, I have no particular desire to rebuild Xerces-c from
scratch, but was intending to download the appropriate pre-built
.dll and "development code" (i.e. header files, whatever), and link
my app. against the pre-built .dll. However, I'm not sure what I need
to supply the "development code" in this scenario - do I simply
get the full source tree, and point make at the appropriate parts
of that, or is there a specific download for this purpose ?

--
Regards

Steve Collyer
Netspinner Ltd

Re: Building app. against Xerces-c under Windows ?

Posted by Stephen Collyer <sc...@netspinner.co.uk>.
Alberto Massari wrote:
> The binary distribution includes the headers and libraries needed to
> build your app.

Alberto

Thanks for the rapid response. Maybe there should be a note
to that effect on the download page, for the benefit of
clueless people such as myself ?

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.