Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/14 10:28:55 UTC

Maven usage

  Hi all,

just noticed that I couldn't find any
information on our website or in
our documentation which explains the
dependencies a client project should define
in its pom to use UIMA.

Do we have such documentation and I simply
missed it ? Otherwise we should create it
because that is lowering the entry barrier
for new users which want to do everything
with maven (even our getting started guides).

We have a "Maven Use" page as part of our
developer documentation, but for me it looks
like that it is commonly hoped to be documentation
which explains which dependencies to declare
to use uima.

Jörn

Re: Maven usage

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
 Hi Jörn,

You are correct - there is no info which explains how users wanting to use UIMA
should set up a client project that uses Maven.

This is because, I think, no one has considered our users to be using Maven :-)
.  We presumed up to now, that our users would be downloading and installing our
binary package, and then using some IDE to develop their code, all outside of Maven.

But I agree, that it might be a good thing for those potential users who already
use Maven, to have some information on how to set up their project to include
UIMA.  Do you have an idea what that documentation would be?

The current Maven use page is for developers, and is intended to explain how the
UIMA project is using Maven for building UIMA.

-Marshall