Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "R. Tan" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/14 18:46:31 UTC

"Only one usage of each socket address" error

Hi guys,
I'm getting an exception while in the middle of a batch indexing job. Can
anybody help me figure this out?

Error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
is normally permitted 127.0.0.1:8080

Solr is 1.4 on Tomcat.

Big thanks.

Rihaed

Re: "Only one usage of each socket address" error

Posted by Steinar Asbjørnsen <st...@gmail.com>.
I'm using the add(MyObject) command form (SolrNet) in a foreach loop
to add my objects to the index.

In the catalina-log i cannot see anything that helps me out.
It stops at:
28.sep.2009 08:58:40
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor finish
INFO: {add=[12345]} 0 187
28.sep.2009 08:58:40 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [core2] webapp=/solr path=/update params={} status=0 QTime=187
Whitch indicates nothing wrong.

Are there any other logs that should be checked?

What it seems like to me at the moment is that the foreach is passing
objects(documents) to solr faster then solr can add them to the index.
As in I'm eventually running out of connections (to solr?) or something.

I'm running another incremental update that with other objects where
the foreachs isn't quite as fast. This job has added over 100k
documents without failing, and still going. Whereas the problematic
job fails after ~3k.

What I've learned trough the day tho, is that the index where my feed
is failing is actually redundant.
I.e I'm off the hook for now.

Still I'd like to figure out whats going wrong.

Steinar

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
How is your data uploaded to Solr? Is it your own Java program, or
shell scripts, or the DataImportHandler?

Does this error appear in the Solr server log, or your program's log?

How do you run Solr? In a web server like Jetty or Tomcat, or as the
Jetty embedded Solr?

Please post the entire exception stack, and the surrounding lines in
the log file.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com