Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Wojciech Szymanowski <wo...@comarch.pl> on 2012/04/27 07:35:21 UTC

entitymodel - entity-condition inside view-link - seems to work in trunk, any plans to fix it in 11.04?

Hi,

I have a question to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4781
bug. It seems to be fixed in trunk. Are there any plans to add this
bugfix to 11.04 branch?

--
Pozdrawiam

Wojciech Szymanowski

Comarch SA o/Poznań
GLOBIS, ul. Roosevelta 18
60-829 Poznań
tel. +48 61 828 6300

Re: entitymodel - entity-condition inside view-link - seems to work in trunk, any plans to fix it in 11.04?

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
On 05/03/2012 12:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> From: "Adam Heath" <do...@brainfood.com>
>> On 04/27/2012 02:50 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> Reverted, it did not compile, thanks to Amit Sharma who called me
>>
>> Sometimes it's not possible to backport a fix for a file bug; there
>> can be lots of other dependant patches that are required, that are too
>> unstable(or just not wanted) for a released branch.
>>
>> However, if some people really do want a feature backported, then they
>> can 'vote' or so for it.
>>
>> I'd be willing to backport this, as the original version this change
>> was developed on was a local version of ofbiz from January, 2010.
>
> +1

To be fair, I generally only want to see bug-fixes backported to
public release branches(internal organization back-branches can have
other guidelines).  However, I strongly believe that this particular
feature actually allows almost *all* raw sql to no longer be required.

In fact, the only raw sql this client has now(they didn't pay me to
fix this problem, I just did it while on their watch), is low-level
full-text searching for postgresql and oracle.  But even then, I only
do it thru an anonymous ComplexAliasMember(which I should probable
extend into entitymodel at some point).

ps: backporting this change could be tricky; there are other dependant
patches needed, which aren't really features or fixes.

Re: entitymodel - entity-condition inside view-link - seems to work in trunk, any plans to fix it in 11.04?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Adam Heath" <do...@brainfood.com>
> On 04/27/2012 02:50 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Reverted, it did not compile, thanks to Amit Sharma who called me
>
> Sometimes it's not possible to backport a fix for a file bug; there
> can be lots of other dependant patches that are required, that are too
> unstable(or just not wanted) for a released branch.
>
> However, if some people really do want a feature backported, then they
> can 'vote' or so for it.
>
> I'd be willing to backport this, as the original version this change
> was developed on was a local version of ofbiz from January, 2010.

+1

Jacques

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.