Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 23:48:54 UTC

[VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Hi,

There has been enormous amount of requests about importing AsyncWeb
under MINA PMC.  I must admit that I was too lazy to deal with legal
issues even after the proper software grant for AsyncWeb has been
received.

Now, I'd like to fire the vote for importing AsyncWeb under Apache MINA PMC.

AsyncWeb is currently located at:
* https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/asyncweb/trunk/

If the vote passes, I will fill out the incubation paperwork at:
* http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

And we would then import AsyncWeb under our sandbox at:
* https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/asyncweb

[ ]: +1, import
[ ]: 0, abstain
[ ]: -1, don't import

Cheers,
Trustin Lee
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 9/26/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I must admit that I was too lazy to deal with legal
> issues even after the proper software grant for AsyncWeb has been
> received.

Hehe you were just waiting for me to do it :).

[X]: +1, import

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
 [x]: +1, import

Maarten

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/27/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There has been enormous amount of requests about importing AsyncWeb
> under MINA PMC.  I must admit that I was too lazy to deal with legal
> issues even after the proper software grant for AsyncWeb has been
> received.
>
> Now, I'd like to fire the vote for importing AsyncWeb under Apache MINA PMC.
>
> AsyncWeb is currently located at:
> * https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/asyncweb/trunk/
>
> If the vote passes, I will fill out the incubation paperwork at:
> * http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
>
> And we would then import AsyncWeb under our sandbox at:
> * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/asyncweb
>
> [X]: +1, import

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Cameron Taggart <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.
[X]: +1, import

--
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> [X]: +1, import

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Let me close the vote now.  It was open for too long time, right? ;)

Cheers,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
[X]: +1, import

--
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

[ X ]: +1, import
[   ] 0, abstain
[   ]: -1, don't import

Enrique

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.
 [X]: +1, import

--
..Cheers
Mark

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
non-binding +1

Jeff

Posted by "Irving, Dave" <da...@bankofamerica.com>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> I was just a bit hesitant because we got a client module.
> Then shall we go with mina-asyncweb?  I think we should put
> codecs and related message classes under http-filter-codec-http
> though.

That sounds good to me!

> Trustin

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Irving, Dave" <da...@bankofamerica.com>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> So.. I have no concrete idea on this naming issue.
> Any idea is appreciated!

I'd like, if possible, to stick with what we agreed on last year at the
start of the process (I.e. keeping the name):

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--pre-proposal--AsyncWeb-p5359826.html
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--pre-proposal--AsyncWeb-p5360217.html

IMHO, on a lighter note, mina-http just sounds sooo boring :o)

>Trustin

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/27/07, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
> +1 too
>
> I like Dave idea, let's keep the name alive !

Then I think we need to keep aligned with the current HTTP client
implementation.  Shall we rename the client?  According to our naming
scheme, it's currently mina-protocol-http-client.  What should it be
renamed to?  mina-asyncweb-client?

Additionally, please consider we might add other protocol codecs such
as FTP and SMTP.  So.. I have no concrete idea on this naming issue.
Any idea is appreciated!

Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
+1 too

I like Dave idea, let's keep the name alive !

Julien

AW: [VOTE] Import AsyncWeb from Safehaus to MINA

Posted by Nikolaus Schlemm <ni...@cellity.com>.
[X]: +1, import

Nikolaus Schlemm
Senior Software Developer

cellity AG | Stahltwiete 23 | D-22761 Hamburg

Vorstand: Nils Weitemeyer (Vorstandsvorsitzender), Sarik Weber

Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Sven Claussen (Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender)

Handelsregistereintrag: HRB 99023, Amtsgericht Hamburg
Umsatzsteuer-Identnummer: DE251404018

Try our new cellity groupCALL and worldCALL: https://www.cellity.com/en/download.html