Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/16 04:43:17 UTC

[vote] 'undeprecate project.resolveFile() [was Re: svn commit: r414442 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs: AbstractJarSignerTask.java ExecTask.java Javac.java Javadoc.java TempFile.java Touch.java XSLTProcess.java]

On 16 Jun 2006, at 07:00, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:14:57 -0500
> Von: Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>
> An: Ant Developers List <de...@ant.apache.org>
> Betreff: Re: Re: svn commit: r414442 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/
> org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs: AbstractJarSignerTask.java
> ExecTask.java Javac.java Javadoc.java TempFile.java Touch.java
> XSLTProcess.java
>
>> This has been deprecated by jkf in commit 396012, @since 1.7
>> apparently.
>>
> this is true
>
>> So it can be undeprecated, and Kev's changes can be removed ;-)

So quick vote to 'undeprecate' project.resolveFile()

my +0 (I'm not too bothered, but if the rest vote to undeprecate,
then I'll undertake the work to put everything back to the way it was
before I started messing with things)

Kev

--
"All governments are in equal measure good and evil.  The best ideal
is anarchy." - Leo Tolstoy

Re: [vote] 'undeprecate project.resolveFile() [was Re: svn commit: r414442 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs: AbstractJarSignerTask.java ExecTask.java Javac.java Javadoc.java TempFile.java Touch.java XSLTProcess.java]

Posted by Alexey Solofnenko <tr...@gmail.com>.
+1, since it is should resolve relative paths relative to the project base
directory.

- Alexey.

Alexey N. Solofnenko trelony at gmail.com
home: http://trelony.cjb.net/
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 hours usually)

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
My +1 to un-deprecate, obviously. --DD

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So quick vote to 'undeprecate' project.resolveFile()

+1

Stefan

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
I'm +1 for undeprecating.

You make a good case that Project is doing too much, but I don't think
that deprecating before a good solution is arrived at is a good idea.
And a solution that breaks DRY and adds more code dependencies on the
Singleton Antipattern is not a good solution IMHO.

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.
+1

Conor