Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Rick Evans <un...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/23 12:00:32 UTC

Plugs

Hi

The GetContexts(ConfigurationScope) method of the DomDaoManagerBuilder
class in the IBatisNet.DataAccess.Configuration namespace of the
DataAccess library (whew) doesn't contain any code to parse the
'implementation' attribute.

I was just wondering what the reason for this was? Is it on the TODO
list, is it still under review, or is it merely an oversight? I'm
asking in the context (er) that I want to be able to plug in my own
implementation of the IDaoSessionHandler interface... I see that the
extensions library already has such a custom implementation in place
(NHibernateDaoSessionHandler and NHibernateDaoSession), but from what
I can gather from poring over the source, there ain't no way to plug
these extensions in. Perhaps (more probably) I'm just missing another
(easier, equivalent) way? I hacked the source to enable me to plug my
own extensions in, but, well, this is less than ideal.

On a related note (yeah, I like to get my moneys worth on these
emails), just how does one plug in an alternate IDalSession into a
SqlMapper instance? The OpenConnection() method of the class in
question actually creates the IDalSession implementation explicitly
('...new SqlMapSession()'). How do I say (pretty much) 'hold on, don't
do that, here's one I made earlier... <plugs in custom IDalSession
implementation/>'.

Ciao
Rick