Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Stone, Robert" <c_...@qualcomm.com> on 2008/10/30 22:47:17 UTC

assembly - how to zip partial distribution

Hi,

Pardon newbie question. I have regular Maven2 web project layout. I need to create zip file of everything inside webapp folder + lib directory from another project (in Eclipse it's linked as external folder).  When I run my bin.xml descriptor I get src/main/webapp/** file structure, but I really need all the dirs and files inside webapp at the top level, e.g.

-index.html
-images-
               |-logo.png
               |-bgrnd.png
-resources-
                |-index.css
-lib (this folder should come from other project)

Here's my assembly descriptor (I know it's not much)

<assembly>
    <id>01</id>
    <formats>
        <format>zip</format>
    </formats>
    <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
    <fileSets>
        <fileSet>
            <directory>src/main/webapp</directory>
            <includes>
                <include>**/*</include>
            </includes>
        </fileSet>
    </fileSets>
</assembly>

Regards,

Rober Stone

RE: assembly - how to zip partial distribution

Posted by "Stone, Robert" <c_...@qualcomm.com>.
I rephrase my question

Is it possible to zip up part of the tree starting at the branch level rather than a top?

Thanks,

- Bob