Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2016/03/02 00:29:10 UTC

Re: Apache accounts

Hi

On 1 March 2016 at 04:45, Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi
> > AFAIK nothing yet has been asked to infra.
>
> The "guacamole" repo does appear to have been created already:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-guacamole.git

No idea what is that.
Maybe we can use it for the website?
ATM How do you build http://guac-dev.org/ ?

> > Perso I find that a pain to have a lot of repositories (but sure it's me
> > :-) )
>
> Probably not just you. ;)
>
> There's definitely a tricky balance between the potential
> inconvenience of multiple repositories, and the potential confusion of
> combining disparate projects.
>
> > What about having those docker modules included in server and client.
> > It looks everything is released together?
> > BTW those dockers repositories are just simple configuration files.
> >
> > This would mean only 3 repositories:
> > * guacamole-client
> > * guacamole-server
> > * guacamole-manual
> >
> > Is it really a problem?
> >

> No problem, in my opinion. That sounds like a good compromise.

So if no one complains until tomorrow 10am (my time) I will ask those 3 git
repos to be created :-)

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: Apache accounts

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

>> The "guacamole" repo does appear to have been created already:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-guacamole.git
>

> No idea what is that.
> Maybe we can use it for the website?

Wouldn't it be best to use the *-site or *-website convention that
most other projects seem to be using? I would assume infra would have
no issue with tearing down the repository since it's completely empty.

> ATM How do you build http://guac-dev.org/ ?

At the moment, it is generated using Drupal, but it is a very static
site. The content is mostly markdown, with the common parts of the
site handled via HTML in theme-specific files. I'm sure it can be
ported to whichever CMS is preferred for a project under the ASF.

> So if no one complains until tomorrow 10am (my time) I will ask those 3 git
> repos to be created :-)

Excellent.

Does anything special need to be done to obtain push access to that
repository? Or is that already taken care of by virtue of our Apache
accounts now existing?

Thanks,

- Mike