Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/21 05:30:05 UTC

hudi roadmap and user feedback

Hi,

I am interested to know the road map of apache hudi since it impacts the
AWS EMR support. I hope that when apache hudi has formal release (e.g.
v1.0), EMR's hudi support will also claim GA soon.

https://hudi.apache.org/roadmap is a little out of date and I see recent
vote about hudi graduation to top level project. But it is not clear when I
can expect hudi v1 to be released and what the major features/bugs left to
reach to v1. Is there an updated roadmap to v1?

I am investigating hudi and may start to use it for some low priority
pipelines in production. It will be great to know the experience people use
hudi (e.g. performance, ACID, unsupported transformation, limitation on how
many versions can one hudi dataset support, incremental query pitfalls,
etc). Such information will help me set right focus and expectation. I
don't see much of such discussion in hudi dev group or slack. I am
wondering why. Let me know if I miss anything obvious. I am happy to
provide user feedback later. :)

Regards
Leon

Re: hudi roadmap and user feedback

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
https://hudi.apache.org/docs/powered_by.html has a lot of use-cases, talks,
decks on the project, that you might find useful..

On the roadmap, we do have a public facing one here (which would still be
valid in large parts)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI#ApacheHudi-Roadmap

It's due for an update.. and we will be putting one out soon, based on all
the recent RFC discussions and so forth.

Are these specific parts you are interested in?

Posted by tanu dua <ta...@gmail.com>.