Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/21 17:23:35 UTC

SQL profiling

I guess it's too late to create a test spec for this ("Closed for
editing"), but just to give a shout out, this is a great feature of
NetBeans. You can profile your SQL queries and view by table, type of
SQL statement (regular, prepared, stored), type of command... you can
even search among the queries.

I created a Maven project and will upload it when I create this test
spec for the next NetCAT. I didn't encounter any issues when testing
this crazy cool feature.

http://wiki.netbeans.org/ProfilerSqlQueries

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: AW: SQL profiling

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.
On 10/22/2018 03:09 AM, Christian Lenz wrote:
> A bit off Topic, I like the feature too, but this is only working for
> Java Projects, Right? It would be good, if we can have a Little profiler
> for plain SQL too, I mean in the DB section of NetBeans. There is a
> MySQL profiler in the MySQL DB. I will create a ticket for that.

You're actually profiling JDBC calls, so yes, it's Java-based. If you
expand any of the nodes, you'll see timings for method calls in your
JDBC driver and the calling methods.

For low-level database stuff, I think you're probably better off using
your database's own tools (e.g. pgAdmin for Postgres) or a query like
EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

AW: SQL profiling

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
A bit off Topic, I like the feature too, but this is only working for Java Projects, Right? It would be good, if we can have a Little profiler for plain SQL too, I mean in the DB section of NetBeans. There is a MySQL profiler in the MySQL DB. I will create a ticket for that.

Back to Topic, my Question is, it is only working for Java/Maven Projects for the Profiler, Right?

Cheers

Chris

AW: SQL profiling