Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mike Meyer <mw...@mired.org> on 2010/09/09 00:40:36 UTC

Serializing requests?

I'm working on a module that I've finally decided can be characterized
as wanting to control access to something that - unlike most of the
things apache lets you access is - is only serially reusable.

I was wondering if there was something in Apache - or apr - that might
help with coordinating access to said recourse between different
invocations of the handler, or should I just use the standard unix
techniques as I would for CGI/etc?

     Thanks,
     <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mw...@mired.org>		http://www.mired.org/consulting.html

Re: Serializing requests?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:40:36 -0400
Mike Meyer <mw...@mired.org> wrote:

> I'm working on a module that I've finally decided can be characterized
> as wanting to control access to something that - unlike most of the
> things apache lets you access is - is only serially reusable.

You're looking for an APR global mutex.

Also ideally the modules-dev mailinglist, for future reference.

--
Nick Kew