Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2003/12/19 15:43:37 UTC

Merging 8041, Was: Re: Today: Beta/0.35.0 - Release time today?

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 15:50, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Good morning, good afternoon, good evening and good night everybody!
>
> It's release time again - And this time, the code to release is probably
> tested more than ever (thanks to everyone who have done this).
>
> Do you want the 0.35.0/Beta released today?
>
> Then gimme green light (I think cmpilato have the prettiest one ;-) and I
> will start after my dinner time.   :-)

We might want to consider merging 8041 into the branch prior to release.
It's a small code correction.

Sander

Re: Merging 8041, Was: Re: Today: Beta/0.35.0 - Release time today?

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Friday 19 December 2003 18.06, kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> Jostein, I'm fine with merging 8041 in (I guess it means you have to
> run the tests again, so sorry!) and then releasing 0.35.0.

committed as r8042

J.

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: Merging 8041, Was: Re: Today: Beta/0.35.0 - Release time today?

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Erik Huelsmann" <e....@gmx.net> writes:
> > We might want to consider merging 8041 into the branch prior to release.
> > It's a small code correction.
>
> Seems to me that's one of those changes we have the stabilization week for
> (although it doesn't make svn crash, probably..)

I agree.  This is a clear typo, and is just what soak week is for.

(Though yes, it's theoretically impossible to write a program that can
distinguish soak-week fixes from other kinds! :-) ).

Jostein, I'm fine with merging 8041 in (I guess it means you have to
run the tests again, so sorry!) and then releasing 0.35.0.

-Karl

Re: Merging 8041, Was: Re: Today: Beta/0.35.0 - Release time today?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> We might want to consider merging 8041 into the branch prior to release.
> It's a small code correction.

Seems to me that's one of those changes we have the stabilization week for
(although it doesn't make svn crash, probably..)

bye,

Erik.

Re: Merging 8041, Was: Re: Today: Beta/0.35.0 - Release time today?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

>Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
>

>>And also 8048. That's my handle leak fix, it fixes a test failure on
>>Windows, and I've tested it on both the 0.35.0 branch and on trunk.
>>

>Crimminy.
>
>Does this warrant 0.35.1?

Depends on how soon we'll make another release from the stabilization
branch. Personally I think we let this one slip through the cracks.
Partly my fault for not pushing harder; lack of time, etc.

I think that we can't call something a stable release if we have known
test failures.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.