Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/27 12:29:33 UTC

JavaScript failing on Branch-1.7

I was attempting to make a release for 1.7.X.
In the process I am running into failing JS tests.
I was wondering if someone who worked on JS for AVRO can take a look at the
issue.
If there are no takers for the same, does anyone have objection if for
Branch-1.7 the JS component is removed? The builds on Branch-1.8 and higher
are working fine. There have been changes to the way the npm setup happens
in Branch-1.8.

Any help is appreciated.

-Suraj Acharya

Re: JavaScript failing on Branch-1.7

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Barring someone from the javascript side of the project piping up
about branch-1.7, I'd be inclined to vote in favor of at least
removing the javascript libraries from the default top-level build and
convenience binaries for 1.7.

--
busbey

Re: JavaScript failing on Branch-1.7