Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gcormier <ma...@tapestryforums.com> on 2006/02/02 14:57:45 UTC

Having trouble with getMessages()

Okay, I've switched to T4. I see getMessage() is deprecated.

In my Page, I have a

setErrorMessage ( getMessages().getMessage("someKey") );

However, this doesn't seem to work. If I change it to setErrorMessage("testing"); I can verify my delegate is working fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm confused as to why I'm at least not getting a [SOMEKEY] showing up since that's what Tapestry usually does for missing keys in a properties file. There's just... nothing showing up. :(

Thanks,
Greg

Sent from www.TapestryForums.com

Read this topic online here: <<topic_link>>

http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=14228#14228

RE: Having trouble with getMessages()

Posted by gcormier <ma...@tapestryforums.com>.
Thanks for your quick reply Ron. I did do some more troubleshooting, and it was indeed not Tapestry that was at fault :D the getMessages().getMessage() works fine now. I love this global properties file!

http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=14237#14237

Re: Having trouble with getMessages()

Posted by Inbaraj <In...@byteconsulting.co.in>.
hi

w r working in this

try with this

setMessage(getMessage("success save"))

regards
inba

Re: Having trouble with getMessages()

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
Everything looks find to me, check some other things like, is the method
really gets called? 8try debugging...)
what is this "setErrorMessage" - method and do you really display this
error message; is the property overriten on another place...

Cheers,
ROn