Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Da...@fja-us.com> on 2007/02/23 21:17:28 UTC

[M2] Classpath issue

I am trying to convert a project from Maven1 to Maven2. Should be simple,
but I am getting a ClassNotFoundException on the following line in my code
when running JUnit tests through Maven:

XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser")

This class is in xerces-2.4.0.jar, I have verified. This is listed as a
dependency, and the -X option confirms it should be on the classpath. I
built the eclipse files and ran the test, no problem - I had to remove some
nested directories listed under resources, but this shouldn't have any
effect on class loading.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem? I don't even know how to debug
this. :(

--
Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.

Re: [M2] Classpath issue

Posted by Marcos Silva Pereira <ma...@gmail.com>.
There is some other version of xerces in your classpath?

Kind Regards,

On 2/23/07, Siegmann Daniel, NY <Da...@fja-us.com> wrote:

> I am trying to convert a project from Maven1 to Maven2. Should be simple,
> but I am getting a ClassNotFoundException on the following line in my code
> when running JUnit tests through Maven:
>
> XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser")
>
> This class is in xerces-2.4.0.jar, I have verified. This is listed as a
> dependency, and the -X option confirms it should be on the classpath. I
> built the eclipse files and ran the test, no problem - I had to remove
> some
> nested directories listed under resources, but this shouldn't have any
> effect on class loading.
>
> Any ideas what could be causing this problem? I don't even know how to
> debug
> this. :(
>
> --
> Daniel Siegmann