Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/07/16 15:33:25 UTC

RE: Tomcat JSPs with custom tags SLOW

> I recently started to replace the use of scriptlets with
> custom tags in my JSPs.  Web-to-Go is much faster
> than Tomcat for the JSPs containing custom tags.  My app
> still has many JSPs that do not contain custom tags and
> Tomcat is still as fast or faster than Web-to-Go for those
> scriptlet pages.

I would suggest putting some timing tracking code into your
tag code as well as the jsp's themselves to try to figure out
where exactly the time is being consumed.

In addition, you could try messing around with one of the
existing tomcat tag libs and see if they give you the same
problem.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer