Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Streeter <st...@elmo.nmc.edu> on 2002/03/22 22:47:39 UTC

mod_jk mod_userdir and home directories

Hi everyone!

I am having a problem getting mod_jk to redirect servlet and jsp request when
it is made to home directories using mod_userdir....

*Note: I have the examples working with an alias... but I don't want to alias
home directories one at a time... that's a nightmare...

this is what I have done...

--- added the following to server.xml -- so home directory jsp requests will
work under tomcat standalone on port 8080

<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
   directoryName="www"
   homeBase="/home"
   userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.HomesUserDatabase"/>

--- this works fine a request to http://www.myserver.com:8080/~user/test.jsp
processes the page and gives the correct result

--- Now to get things going in apache - I added this to httpd.conf

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir www
</IfModule>

<Directory /home/*/www/>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /home/*/www/WEB-INF/>
        AllowOverride None
        Deny from All
</Directory>

--- the problem is that I can't use JkMount to allow requests to user home
directories to be processed... apache just spits out the jsp source... except
for the following... which does work... but I don't want 'everyplace' to
execute jsp pages... like the 'htdocs' folder (apache documentroot)....

-- this works but is too broad --
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

and I can't find anything else that will work...

Any comments welcome!

Take care,
ns