Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by thuertas <tu...@aql.fr> on 2007/08/06 16:50:58 UTC

Novice question

Hello,
I begin in cocoon and perhaps my question has already been answer (thank
you to redirect me in this case.)
I have an xml file which I transform into objects (javabeans) in order
to insert them in base. But before inserting them in base I must apply
some actions.
The question is: how to recover my objects after the xml file's
transformation , then, how to give these objects in entry of my actions.

regards,

tugdual

Re: Novice question

Posted by warrell harries <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

This request is somewhat vague. Cocoon is designed to process XML. I would
suggest keeping your XML and using the the XSL and SQLTransformers to update
the database and possibly write your own Custom transformer to implement
whatever behaviour you require to be triggered. However, you are likely to
find that using existing components will do what you require. We can't be
sure unless you are more explicit in your requirements.