Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com> on 2013/05/30 22:35:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] JSFCentral - Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance - Part 1

Hello,

I am pleased to announce a new article on JSFCentral.com by Leonardo
Uribe: Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance – Part 1.

In this series of articles, Leonardo Uribe discusses JSF 2 and MyFaces Core
performance, and its implications for web applications.  Additionally, he
highlights last year's (2011-2012) performance enhancements in the Apache
MyFaces JSF Implementation through an in-depth comparison between JSF and
Apache Wicket.  Leonardo compares different aspects—speed, memory usage,
session size—to give a better understanding of how JSF works under
different conditions.  Finally, he does an up-to-date (2013) web framework
comparison between JSF 2 and other alternatives like Apache Wicket, Apache
Tapestry, Spring MVC and Grails 2.  In the end, choosing a web framework
requires that you balance performance with other considerations.

Read part 1 of the series here:
http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/understanding_jsf_performance_1.html

---
Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF  in Action
Virtua, Inc. | *http://www.virtua.com*<http://www.virtua.com/%20/t%20_blank> |
JSF/Java EE training and consulting
*http://www.JSFCentral.com* <http://www.jsfcentral.com/%20/t%20_blank> –
JavaServer Faces  FAQ, news, and info | @jsfcentral
* Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast:
*http://w<http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/JSFNewscast/>
ww.enterprisejavanews.com*
* JSFCentral Interviews Podcast:
http://www.jsfcentral.com/resources/jsfcentralpodcasts/
* Sign up for the JSFCentral Newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17

__

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JSFCentral - Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance - Part 1

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
Stay tuned :-).

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info |
@jsfcentral
+1 203-998-0403

* Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast:
*http://w<http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/JSFNewscast/>
ww.enterprisejavanews.com*
* JSFCentral Interviews Podcast:
http://www.jsfcentral.com/resources/jsfcentralpodcasts/